In a world full of overproduction, it is hard to come by people who are truly genuine. In an attempt to create an illusion of absolute perfection we devalue the importance of realness. This new focus that society has placed on idyllic people has cost us some of the rawness that we used to be able to offer each other. And it is this rawness that truly enabled people to be bold, brave. To stand tall and proud in an ever turbulent world. This is why coming across someone who is truly raw is so incredible. Niki Koss has that rawness that is so difficult to come by, and we love it.
A quick Q&A with Niki Koss who plays Alexis in the new hit TV show Famous in Love.
1) If you had to describe yourself in 4 words, what would they be?
Strong, creative, hardworking, and confident.
2) What do you love/hate about your job?
I love everything about my job. Except the parking tickets I often get at auditions.
3) What was being on set for Famous In Love like?
Being on set for Famous in Love hardly ever felt like work. It was so fun working alongside my cast, there was hardly ever a dull moment.
4) If you could star in any movie, which one would it be?
5) What advice would you give your younger self?
If you think you’re working hard, work even harder.
6) What advice would you give to any young women out there?
Support other women, don’t bring them down. We’re all in this together.
7) What are some charities or causes that you care about?
I’m currently working with a great charity called PATH. They work to help the homeless in a plethora of ways. Definitely check them out if you haven’t already. They have great volunteer opportunities.
8) Top ten favorite things/places to eat.
(in no particular order)
Popcorn and raisinettes
Chicken tikka masala
9) Do you have any pets?
A little hairless Chihuahua named Lola.
10) Where can people follow you?
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter: @nikikoss
Words by Ana Sandoval
Photos by Lenne Chai
Hair and makeup by Aaron Barry
Read Niki’s feature in Volume II, Issue No. 003 – Summer 2017.Like this